Crafty Pants


New Spring Hat
March 19, 2007, 8:04 am
Filed under: Crochet, My Projects

While this only took about two months, it too felt like the never-ending project. I started it in late January, and crocheted a few rounds per week, whenever I found any time to watch TV. I used the small-head size from the pattern Cranium. Well, either I have a very large head (actually, I’m kind of pin headed) or my gauge was pretty far off. I checked it a few times but I guess I measured wrong! It was about two inches shorter than I wanted.

So, I added a few more rounds of blo single crochet, but the hat was growing too slowly for me. My patience near the end was wearing thin. I did two rounds of regular sc, and then the round of slip stitches. I didn’t like how the slip stitch made it slightly tighter, so I ripped that row out and called it good.

Here it is on me:

My new Cranium cover

My new Cranium cover side view

My stitches are a bit wonky, and you can see the weeks where I was really stressed, and my tension was tight. I want to try the technique of “killing” acrylic to even things out, but I think I’d need a hat block for that. Instead, I think I will just throw it in the washer and dryer with some fabric softener.

Advertisements

Leave a Comment so far
Leave a comment



Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s



%d bloggers like this: